Old 07-22-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Originally Posted by Jillian2563 View Post
Another question, I've been a never for a year but. Not consistently sober. Today is say 3, for good I hope! So should I still be posting in newcomers?
I would say post wherever you feel comfortable. I'm no newcomer by any means, but sometimes I put threads in Newcomers either because the topic is not that strictly defined or because I would like to get a wider variety of views and responses. Which does not always work, but I don't mind at all, just happy for whatever comments and views people care to share.

On the original topic, I also very much share Biminiblue's view regarding the purpose of my being here is to improve my life in a variety of ways, and while I am usually willing to explore something or someone that interests me pretty far and deep, am not going to let anything or anyone drag me down long or repeatedly. I'm very much like this also IRL. I do like and appreciate constructive criticism a lot, and when people point out things I may not see well -- again, take what's useful and leave the rest. I think all this is reflected in my SR history: I've developed multiple connections and often intense and very meaningful interactions here, but when they have run their course, they have run their course and it's especially time to move on when no one seems to benefit further. There are so many ways one can get involved on SR, it's absolutely not necessary to get bogged down in anything that affects us negatively.