Old 07-22-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  
biminiblue

MLD, my mother did that. I apologized all the way to next Friday and she kept it up. I was feeling defeated when I needed to feel empowered. (This was in my mid thirties.) I told her, "Mom, let go of the past. We both did some mean things to each other and I'm done reliving it." The next time she brought it up, I said, "Mom, I'm not having this conversation. Bye."

I kept doing that. She got pretty pushy and escalated her language a couple times, but I was done apologizing. She had to work out her end without me as her whipping boy(girl). It took maybe six times of doing that and she stopped bringing up the time I did _ _ _ _ _ _when I was four.

I think at some point you have to hand his stuff back to him. It's his stuff, his resentments, his anger, his mistrust. You've apologized and there is nothing more you can do. I would say that and stick to it.

"Be careful out there." Hill Street Blues? Is that where they said that?

I just finished "House" - on Netflix. Now I'm working through the last few episodes of "Gilmore Girls." I'm not going to miss Hugh Laurie. Dr. House was not a pleasant man.