View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
PixieD

Goodmorning to everyone. Hope its hot & sunny where ever you may be!

Alliekat, I to have never been to AA. I've been asked by 2 friends here to join them & i wont go. I live on a small island where basically everyone knows everyone. It's supposed to be annonymous however i know the majority of the people in it. I worked for a liquor distributor here for a few years & lets just say the majority of my business contacts are in AA. I really dont think my attending AA will help my stress thinking that the whole island knows i'm there. That good'ol stigma is what holds people back i guess. On the flip side, like Dee mentioned..i had no problem drinking like a fool in the past & letting everyone see me as such a fool & talk about those events. I think AA is something you'll figure out on your own. I am very spiritual so possibly i would enjoy it if i were in a large country. About your husband, my bf drinks. I dont let it bother me. He doesnt push it in my face. He is very conscious about having them infront of me. He himself has also cut down & wants to even more. So my positive change has made an impact on him. I didnt need him to make this change for myself. I mean he has been my best supporter/cheerleader in this journey so far but at the end of the day i'm doing it for myself. If you feel like you are not getting enough support , come on SR & start a thread & you'd be amazed at the positive feedback you will receive here. Hope you're feeling a little less confused this morning cause i know that confused state really messes with you!