View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
DariaM

Originally Posted by Margaux1969 View Post
Daria, I am on the same dose of Lexapro, and my motivation got very very low, too. My doctor added another medication on top of it, bupropion, which is more stimulating. For whatever reason, that combination has worked for me for a couple of years now. (Until the present moment, when alcohol-less-ness has thrown me into a bit of a funk, hopefully temporary.)

Obviously I can't give medical advice, but I think it's safe to say if your medication is making you feel worse, you need to fix that.

xoxox
Thanks, Margaux! I just get paranoid about switching up meds b/c it has worked so well on my anxiety, and I hate to go back to being an anxious mess, which is why I've put up with the blah-state for 2 years. :/ Glad to know there may be options besides just quitting Lexapro entirely! I'm not against trying another drug entirely, I just worry about the effectiveness since my biggest issue was anxiety, and I know not all ADs are as effective on anxiety as Lexapro.

I hope you start feeling better too! I haven't caught up on all the threads, how long have you been not drinking?