Old 07-21-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Ruby2

Yes, you are the new SOBER potamus. My thoughts are with you on your trip and even if you don't have a bus charm dangling from your wrist, we are still with you.

Brynn, I never seem to catch a break either, money wise. Water bill is due this month and I also need new glasses. Sigh. And dealing with sodden men, booze soaked "no, I'm not drunk" guys is a pain in the azz as Mesa would say. Why did I think I was attractive like that?

My mother is more worried about the new sitter than I am. I want to shake her. She did tell me that a local radio personality who suddenly disappeared off the air citing "personal issues" confirmed that he's an alcoholic. Currently in treatment following hospitalization. Wasn't eating and had been drinking all his calories. Sounds familiar. He's worried about a movie presentation in August that he's scheduled to present at but at which many will be drinking. In big SR suggestions, "don't go this year! Too new in sobriety".

Welcome Ron to SR! The weekend thread went rogue a while back and we continue to post throughout the week until the next thread starts Thursday mornings.