Old 07-21-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  
LBrain

good morning for real here now...

I gathered what's left of trash and took it out, and the weeds I pulled yesterday also made it to the curb - two containers and it's not even a dent in the mess of growth out back...
picked some peas yesterday too - just a small handful, they are hanging on but really don't like the heat and sun, I trimmed zuchinni bushes and need to remove more leaves - that and the pumpkin plants that seem to have laid claim to everything. The canteloupe plants have lots of blossoms but no fruit. The broccoli seeds I planted indicate a few leafy plants that are no more than weeds at this point. I'm 'OH' for forever on broccoli. I just planted them to appease the wife and so she didn't try tp plant something else there. Yesterday she told me I am in charge of the garden this year - totally! That means the torch and 20lb bottle of gas are soon to make a sweep of the area. Forget pulling weeds and unwanted vines that have taken over, no round up or other weed control. Charge a fire hose and set the place ablaze! I told her that her mums are going to be lost in the fire. She cried don't touch my mums. Well I think there are mums among the weeds somewhere. And if you think you can just put something in the ground and forget it forever, you are sorely mistaken. Ask Ruby, she knows all about keeping a flower garden. It's not like that infomercial, set it and forget it. I'm almost ready to call in the cement trucks and get 10 gallons of green paint...