Old 07-20-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Verte
pray for strength

Originally Posted by River65 View Post
It just bugs me. A frequent poster has admitted she/he is not aiming for sobriety (why even on this board after 2000 posts in Newcomers I don't know- after 2000 posts I don't think they are a newcomer) but gets reply after reply and a newcomer asking for help gets like 7 replies? I lurk here and there but it bugs me.
Hi again River,

In case you may have gotten the wrong impression, I freely admit that I am not a magnanimous human being. IRL you may very well meet me and conclude, "she's a b-word". I bleed blood, have days where I swear like a longshoreman or really just feel clueless. In fact, a few months ago I was fired by my hair stylist. Who get's fired by a hairstylist? Me.

I try though. I try to know myself and be a better human being. In my life experience, it takes zero effort to see and point out all that is wrong with the world. It takes enormous energy to see what is wrong and work for change. Energy well spent in my experience. In the end, unless I am working for change then any bitching and moaning I put forth is just making life more difficult than I would like it to be.

"There is no such thing as an altruistic act". I ascribe to this. Although I am not sure that anything I post has an impact, I am certain that I do not live in a vacuum and *hopefully* I do make a difference as I live and breathe. I affect people. People affect me. I just do not wish to affect people negatively and there is that fine line, you know? Sometimes I need to step back.

The other thought that came to mind regarding your OP is the whole "moth to a flame". If I survive the flame unscathed or with just a tinged wing I will probably go back to the flame until I either learn or have very little wing left.

Show yourself, River! I dare you to be more participant and less voyeur.