Thread: Haiku Part 6
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
zerothehero
waking down

Thank you so much. This place has been my community, and you, Elsie, are a large part of why I keep coming back. Gilmer, too, and all the good poets and addicts out there who share and care. Though I am most often, as you say, cryptic, know that my love is as unambiguous as the most sincere prose, and I'm not going anywhere. I just want to spend less time online.

I'm thinking about starting a Refuge Recovery group in my town. I think I've been sober long enough to just come out of the closet, so to speak, and work on building community here - face to face - within a structure that really resonates with me. I need more flesh and blood contact. It's not always the best thing for me to sit in front of this screen. That's why my posts are fewer and farther between these days.

I'm glad you're addressing the med and depression issue, Elsie. I'm actually less than two weeks from being off all medication for the first time this year. I can't wait. I think you know, though, that I find sobriety (from alcohol and all other drugs, psychotropic or otherwise) psychologically challenging, so we'll see how it all rolls out. In the meantime, I'm still bleeding a lot, but I'm told that's normal. Still, between meds and bloodloss I feel kind of slow even without the painkillers.

I have a nice salad waiting, so laters for now...