View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Hey all!

Andy, Wolf, Mags and Toots as well as the rest of the UK crowd, I love reading about your gardens and birds over the pond from us. I spent a weekend in Manchester in 1995. Every country's citizens say they love their way of life but forget to look at the beauty of the growing indifference until they are far from home, and realize what they are missing. There is a feeling in England that is very different from here. Like Germany and France were very different from England and each other. Around every corner, city or countryside, there's a flavor of history and local custom unique.

Yeppers RZ,
They were at risk despite taking breaks. But we intervened with icewater, watermelon, and New York style Italian Ices. Then wet neck wraps and we had industrial fans running on each work area. The heat index has been 108 the past two days. They hand dug the 200' water pipe trench off our main waterline, installed a ball valve above it between it and the house, and installed the spigot on the side of the workshop. They are friends but contractors we paid too. I could have never done it in this heat. So now our RV has a full 30 Amp electrical outlet for RV plugs, and a water hookup. We needed it anyway to wash the vehicles while on the concrete apron of the shop.

Tomorrow the heat index will be 110°+ in our area. The actual temp will be 108. (42.22°C)

We are ready to do the new place a week from this Tuesday.

Hope y'all had a great weekend!