View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
venuscat

LOL...I see a bit of a mess that you can fix Briar love. It won't take long.
But the mess we could make by picking up that drink? Lordy..not so easy to fix.
I am one of the people who loved every single drink I poured down my throat. Alcohol never stopped working for me. So I get it. I still want to drink often. I fought my way through the supermarket before...two of them actually, because there was no bread. Or food for little V. I made it though.

Got home and looked at myself in the mirror...proud.
Because not only can I not afford any alcohol, I cannot afford to go down that path again. I won't make it. I will lose my mind, or my liver, or my kidneys. I will be done.

And I think that at some stage the lesson that we are alcoholics truly kicks in.
For me, there is no guarantee that I could ever stop again. None.
I have just watched a very close friend who had almost two years (and relapsed) struggle to get those first sober days under her belt. She went through a really hard time, and thank God she is doing well now. But there are no guarantees. None.

There are a few friends from the 24-hour thread who have disappeared. We have tried to reach them. Nothing. Just pouf, gone.

OK...diatribe over.

I am fine...it was one day. It is every month for me, but with some hormonal problems right now, it is more often than that. The women here might understand...it was a day in hell. But I worked today, and it was great.
I recover fast now...definitely a benefit of my sober life.

Love to all of you. ♥♥♥