Old 07-19-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Well, great Minds think alike, and so do LBrain and I. I instantly thought of the 'Baby Ruth'-in-the-Pool scene, but was at the Dog Park unable to Post Vids reliably. Da Wife was a Lifeguard around Detroit, and - man - does she have the stories. Dudes tossing in their Pals known to not swim; just to watch them sink. So, she'd have to jump in and save them. Sistas pulling Razor Blades out of their 'Dos, and threatening her about whatever. Back in the very polarized days of the late-'60s. Pool Coworkers shutting off her Tube-delivered Air Supply while she was underwater, scrubbing Pool Walls. Some real Knee-slappin' pranks, I tell ya!

Unpacking some today. Imagine that, eh? Took a Nap, since we're still pooped Pups 'round here. Gonna go RV Trailer shopping tomorrow, since the closest Dealer <1 hour away has 2 new 2015 Models of the one we want. Different Decor in each, so we should be able to pick and choose.

Some quick Recon on line suggests an astounding 50% Markup on these Trailers! Hard to believe, so I'll search some more. I usually ask to see the Invoice, and cut the Guano. Add on some 'fair' Margin, and call it a deal. We'll see. This is Gomer Country over here, and things are done quite differently. The local Ford Dealer here doesn't deal. Period. Silly. So, we bought in the Big City last week.

SoberP, the ole [real] barking Dog is supposedly hated by Burglars doing time, so that Virtual Dog Bark could be your best trick on Security. Everyone carries 'round here out West, so only deranged Meth Heads or desperate types dare muck with Locals. It's a Death Sentence. That said, there supposedly is plenty of petty Property Crime to fund Drug use. Some RVers like Wasp Spray. To the Eyes from >20' away, I guess it really puts the disabling hurt on a Perp.

We've got line-of-sight to the multi-purpose Tower ~2 miles away, and that means blazing Signal speed. So, I'm getting Wireless 'Net with no usage cap installed imminently, and will slam in some Webcams and Temp Gauges to monitor this Joint while we travel. I want to visually ID Perps if we ever get hit. The Antenna will be hidden behind an Attic Vent that I planned for. I'm into stealth vs. Alarm Company Signs in the Yard.

I plan to get a ~$100- 'Roku' Box and stream Video while ditching 'Dish Network'. This scheme will be a monthly financial savings, or a wash.