View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Jeff, this is mostly just a style thing around here (and in other places and communities as well that are focused on recovery from destructive habits). You will get used to it. I've been here long enough to know that it's best to take the direct meaning of the responses, and I also find it interesting to observe and examine my own mental reactions to the responses and interactions. I have written a similar post to the previous one I put here on ArtFriend's thread from yesterday as well, maybe look it up if interested I explained it better there I think.

I personally tend to learn most effectively from conflict situations and criticism, far far better for me than pure love and only positive support, although of course it depends on many factors and the subject matter. I guess because of this, I sometimes take others granted as well. Of course that's no valid excuse.

Anyhow, just saying my suggestion is to try to look at the direct message in the responses that is related to your OP and other things that are meaningful to you. Of course each of us decorate our posts with lots of subjective projections all the time. I actually have fun with this in my head all the time, trying to get to know members through how we express ourselves, what extras add, what "tone", style, etc