View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
EndGameNYC
EndGame

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I just want to make an observation here. I understand that there is no tone of voice in internet communications, so I don't know how any of you would be speaking to me if it were face to face. But I find a bit of irony in the fact that if someone comes on here to post a full blown relapse or slip, there is a lot of support for that person, and rightfully so as it is one of the reasons this places exists. On the other hand, I have posted something that occurred last night, and from my perspective it was purely out of curiousity and done in a lighthearted manner. The tone I am perceiving from some is not one of support or observation, but rather reprimand. I apologize if I am wrong about this. It could also be something that I need to learn as I am not very far along in sobriety and many of you have been there for years. Therefore you know far more than I do and speak from experience.
I imagine that anyone who plays around with a potential relapse or who walks the razor's edge as you did would get responses similar to yours. I don't think there's anything more to it than that.

I wonder what you might have thought had one of us happened to be there and did the same thing, before you got a chance to do it.