Old 07-18-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
LBrain

hello peeps...

I decided to take an afternoon nap. Woke up at around 9. Cooked chicken legs on the grill and zuchinni, baked potato. Made coffee and prepared 'breakfast' and lunch with black beans.
I'm on night shift tonight. House organizing and kitchen cleaning. Neighbors are having a thing outside. I realize I have very few friends. And because I don't drink it seems people are afraid or something. Never been a fan of facebook or that stuff, but I ran into an old workmate today and he told me facebook is where it's at. People ask about me all the time - but no-one calls.

My impression of impressionist art and art in general is this. If I as a no name artist submitted my first work of art and it was an exact duplicate of VG's Starry Night, assuming it was never done before, I'd be laughed off the block. The art snobbery dedicates pages explaining the painting and others. I think that some second grade children finger paintings would receive high acclaim if they were done by famous artists of the 19th century. But I don't have to drink over it now do I.
Hope y'all are handling the heat in the US. It's still hot here, hot and humid. One thing I discovered is that if you have ceiling fans, run them on low pushing down along with the AC. It makes an incredible difference. I actually lowered my thermostat to 76 today. Quite comfortable I must say.