View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
fini

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post

And there it is.

I knew if I said that I would get push back. I will have to judge for myself right? After all...I am the only one who really knows who I am, despite what people may think.

AF,
i haven't read past this comment of yours.
this isn't about "pushback".
this entire thread so far is about folk telling you what we see. from the outside of "you" but with eyes of alcoholic experience.
this is how it looks from here: you post saying you have been drinking a week. except not really "drinking" in the sense of how you used to drink. so therefore, you seem to surmise, it doesn't count the same way. these thoughts lead you to question whether you're actually an alcoholic.
when people point out that you went back to drinking and are using your oh-but-i-drank-so-much-less-than-i usually-would as false reasoning for maybe not being an alcoholic, you switch to talking of pushback and how no-one here can know, only you.

it IS really crucial that YOU know! no doubt about that.
and you seem not to.
no matter your frequent and repeated returns to drinking, the knowledge you can't stay away from the stuff doesn't seem to be lodged inside you in any real way.
i don't know you , AF, but i do read your threads. so i'm just talking about what i'm seeing. and what i'm seeing is you NOT seeing.

i wish i could show you so you can see.

i think that's what most of us are doing; trying to help you see.