View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
Even non-alcoholics can be smart Dee
Being smart has nothing to do with addiction. If intelligence and knowledge was enough for people to deal with their addiction, there would be fewer people on this forum or other resources for that matter. For me, I can't think my way out of this addiction. I wish it was that easy, and it ticks me off to no end that that isn't enough. My thinking or reasoning has helped me out of a lot of potential problems, but this one is different. It really pisses me off, because in my mind it should be no different than any other challenge I've faced. You recognize a problem, you make a plan than you deal with it. Problem solved, than you move on to the next challenge. No big deal. Unfortunately this is a problem that just won't go away. Don't get it and absolutely hate it more than anything else. I wish it was just a broken arm that with proper help can be taken care of. Dealing with addiction is a 24/7 job and it really stinks and can be very tiring. Personally I don't blame anybody for giving up, wanting to take a break from the fight. Most people get tired of the battle and want to regroup than pick up the armor again and fight the good fight. The important thing is that you keep picking that armor up and keep fighting. Most battles in history has more to do with feeling than with intelligence. Information is great and very useful, but's its your gut along with that intelligence that's proves successful. AF, your brain is only small part the battle your dealing with. Most people that have overcome obsticles have also relied on outside resources to accomplish what they want. Our brain only incompases a very small part of any problem. Expecting our brain to solve any problem is just not realistic, it's impossible. Increasing our brain matter means taking in others' thoughts. Otherwise, there is no growing. People here are telling you what you are doing is risky if not dangerous. Good luck. John