View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
ArtFriend

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
ArtFriend,
I love cerebral stuff. I love debates. Not so much to prove my point but to learn from others (and ok, to show my point is the right one). I question everything because what you see isn't always what you get. I just want to know "why" things are the way they are. I'm not questioning other peoples' sincerity. I just need to know why things are the way they are. That's just the way I am. I questioned a lot of things in AA, and got nowhere. People say don't think, just do. That approach to anything just doesn't work for me. Being pretty stubborn doesn't help much. I don't believe that someone's path to sobriety is the right one for me. It's their path, not mine, but I can learn from it. You need to carve your own path, with the guidance of others to avoid some of the pitfalls. Again, I commend you on your honesty on this forum, but now you have a head full of information. I really think that sobriety has to do with a feeling more than knowledge, although I believe knowledge can eventually guide us to that feeling we need and want. Good luck on your journey. John

Thanks John! Same to you!