View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Originally Posted by RegenFarmer View Post

Upon returning to the farm, I finished off the booze (a modest quantify by my standards). Felt inspired, and free.

What I'm wondering is this...
By pursuing this path of sobriety, am I condemned to a life without inspiration, subject to a dull existence that forever reflects back on 'happier times' (with or without alcohol).

In other words, is "Life a bitch and then You die"?
Or is there a real light at the end of the tunnel?

B
I too was inspired by alcohol. During one of my inspirational moments over the course of a few days I ended up going from the states to Costa Rica.

After a few days there I ran into an expat from Atlanta, young man.

I asked him how he like living in Costa Rica. He told me this tale -

I was here for my bachelor party week with some friends. We were drunk all the time and had a lot of fun. I liked it so much that when I went home I told my fiance the wedding was off. I sold the house we bought and liquidated all my assets, moving to Costa several months back.

Wow - amazing! How do you like it here!?!?

Worst decision I ever made in my life.............thus far ;(

The point is what I took as inspiration while under the influence of alcohol was all self centered, maniacal BS.

I am now sober for 13 months at 55 years old. My brain has cleared - what I took for the occasional inspired thought has changed to daily existence of peace and joy that is difficult to describe.

I now have the opportunity to potentially inspire others! That is the real gift of sobriety - getting out of ourselves, acquiring true empathy and living a full life.

Life was indeed a bitch when I was in bondage to tobacco, alcohol et al...... Not anymore> Life is hope, opportunity and reflection of love in eyes of those around me.

The other day I was inspired to sit with my teenage son and watch a baseball game on TV. We laughed, joked and interacted. I am not just "there" but I am present in the moment. If that's dull I guess I'll embrace it every chance I get

Glad you're here

Keep coming back!