View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
ArtFriend

Wow... so much input I am not sure who to respond to. Lots of valid points. I get what you are saying WritingFromLife. It was the fact that I bought wine that is the central point.

And Tang -yes, normal drinkers usually don't post on recovery websites.

Aellyce - what was I thinking when I posted? Well, I actually thought all week about posting this, but refrained until I could deal with the comments. I am not looking for praise, vindication, or anything like that. I know that when people admit to indulging in their addiction here that people will attempt to offer criticism and support. That is what this place is about.

I have yet to totally stop drinking and I have declared this many times on the site. I am not trying to hide anything or mitigate my behavior. I have, however, reduced my consumption quite a bit since I joined almost a year ago now.

So... I know that the only way to recover for an alcoholic is total abstinence. I get it. I am not totally abstinent. I have moderated over time. So, am I an alcoholic? That is what I am rethinking here. I feel as if people are telling me that I AM an alcoholic, no ifs ands or buts. But I feel that if I have successfully moderated down, than I must not be one. I am not talking about the week of wine either... I mean that over all, since Aug 2014, I have really reduced the drinking by 80% at least.