View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
EndGameNYC
EndGame

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
I knew if I said that I would get push back. I will have to judge for myself right? After all...I am the only one who really knows who I am, despite what people may think.
You've stated your case in the form of a logical fallacy that has little to do with what's going on here. The fact that no one has disproved or can disprove that you're the only one who knows who you really are does not mean that this statement is true. This is sometimes known as an appeal to ignorance.

Professional athletes can know things about their peers that they may not know themselves. Physicians can know things about doctors-in-training that the trainees do now know. I don't need to know everything about any one of my students to know that they are poor students or outstanding students, even when they're not aware of either. I don't need to know everything about a particular patient I'm treating, or to know who she "really" is, in order to help her. Alcoholics in recovery can know things about other alcoholics that they themselves do not know. This is, in fact, an important element in helping others to achieve sobriety.

My concern is that you may look back on this thread down the line and wish that you'd paid more attention to what's going on.