View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ananda

Originally Posted by BattyGoat View Post
Hello. I am looking to connect with anyone else out there who in any way uses Satanism in defeating their addictions. So far Ive found very few and was not able to contact any of them directly.:
I want to respond to your question. The simple (direct) response is you may not find that here, or you may, but I'm not using Satanism that I know of.

That said, I'm going to read between the lines (which I have been criticized for this week! LOL) Because I think there may be a deeper issue you face that many of us do, and that I do have some experience with. So I'm going to express my opinion, unasked for. You can simply ignore it if it isn't helpful

I have searched long and hard for 30 years for someone who has the exact same belief system that I have .... never found it. If I am relying on someone to absolutely agree with me or even only partially say the same things I say to find help...I'm pretty much doomed (got that after about 10 years of looking lol)

I believe we have to look beyond the surface words. We all express our beliefs differently. Usually the human experience that we go through is very basically similar but never exactly the same.

I have been helped in my sobriety by people in AA, RR, SR, and lots of other acronyms. I honestly still twist a bit in the AVRT voice thing (but that is due to my person issues..not that it isn't a good program). I currently practice a "non-program" recovery.

I have to listen from the heart to what is being said from the heart about experiences. I have to set aside that we have different belief systems and instead focus on what people are trying to express and translate it into my own way of expressing the same experience.

This may sound a bit weird, but the bottom line is that I am probably and agnostic Buddhist, but people who do AA, Christianity, Hindu religions, islam, Ratioanl recovery, Sober recovery only, etc..... If I listen from the heart (which I can't always) ... I hear the same pain and the same struggle. The words used to describe the experience and solution may strike me as soooooo wrong.... but if I dig a little deeper and "translate" ... there is a lot to learn from all of them

I still feel outside the norm most of the time and I struggle with being "different" in my beliefs and how I do my sobriety and life, but the connection is there if I listen with my heart instead of my opinions, beliefs and cultural background etc.

Hope that will help you to see ways to find help from others you may not see as being like you