View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Rufftime719

Good morning everyone. Today is my Day 50. I never thought it would have been such a challenge to get to this point. Maybe that was part of my misconception that all I would have to do is quit and I would start to feel great. Boy was I wrong:-) Don't get me wrong, it feels great to not wake up with a hangover! I'm just not sure how I can survive with this anxiety and sleep deprivation. I'm still playing around with different suggestions on the sleeping front. I know benedryl, Tylenol pm, and melatonin work (kind of), but they make me feel terrible. Neuro sleep worked one night and it got me the most sleep I have had in almost a month (it just wasn't last night). The anxiety just seems to be in the morning and improves toward the afternoon, but I can already tell it is affecting my career (poor concentration). I'm trying to have a new and improved attitude, but I needed to vent a little.

I'm pleased to read there are so many that are taking advantage of being sober and trying new things.

@site1Q84 -I think it is great you are getting out and trying new things. I can relate with the isolation. It's just easy to get into that funk when you are drinking. You think why would I need to go out, I've got everything I will ever need right here;-)

@CaseyW - congrats on 71!

@Copper- thanks for the tip on the benedryl and Tylenol PM. They did get me a few hours, but still woke up at 2 like normal and felt like dirt. I guess each of us has to find that sweet-spot and it's taking me longer :-/

Anyhow, I'm going to try to go for a run. 3rd time this week. I wish everyone a great sober day ahead!