Old 07-18-2015, 02:13 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Solarion

Nons, sorry to hear about your slip. That was a disturbing thing to read this morning but I'm glad you posted about it. I think that will help keep me in line, so thanks for the reinforcement and the unfortunate reminder about vigilance.

I have been feeling a little squirrelly lately. Approaching 90 days, which for me will be the longest sober span in the past 20+ years. I don't feel cravings per se, just casual suggestions from the AV now and then. It's those casual suggestions I have to watch out for.

I never "think I'll just have one or two". I start off by wanting "enough for the evening". If I drink for one evening, the next time would follow in two or three days and I would quickly resume the old pattern I have left behind. This is not just repeating a borrowed thought from recovery folklore, but from knowing myself.

Been there, done that. Better to just not prime the pump or start the siphon -- or even think about it much.

Anyway, I'm gonna take a little nap while it's still dark out. Could be a rainy weekend but I have books and stuff to play with at home.