View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 11:49 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
amp123

Morning all! Interesting posts there about accountability. I'm sure the accountability I've found in this group has saved my sober ass more than a couple of times since this all started.

Strange thing happened yesterday. I took my daughter to a birthday party in a nearby town and was taking a walk on the seafront. I'm in the process of selling off some of my musical gear and i was meeting a guy who bought one of my oldest guitars. I have mixed emotions about all this but I have trouble being around the music scene right now as I need to protect my sobriety. I gave up my rehearsal rooms so I need to get rid of some of my stuff but I'm quite emotionally attached to some of it.

Anyway, I closed the deal and had the cash burning a hole in my pocket and an hour to kill when suddenly I bump up into an old friend... Well, a drinking buddy. Anyways, he's standing out front of a bar which he actually now OWNS and invites me inside to look around and have a drink. Wow! Trigger time!! Feeling emotional, money in my pocket, time to kill and a golden opportunity!!!

You know what? I hardly felt tempted. Only fleetingly. Said I had to pick up my daughter but thanks very much anyway.

That actually changed my mood and brought me up again though if it had happened say 6 weeks ago I'm not sure how it would have ended!!!

Hope you're all having a great sober weekend. Be strong and happy!