Old 07-17-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
2WheelsGood
Hang on!

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Topic.... I get frustrated when stopped at a light and the person in front is not over the "plate". Friends often think I am nuts and the disputed me that there is a plate that one must be over to make lights change by knowing a car is present. [...]

Here's another little fact: in some areas with busy intersections you may not get a turn arrow until traffic in the turn lane backs up a bit. There will be two sensors - one at the stop line, and another a few cars back. If there are only one or two cars at the light it might not trigger a left turn arrow. But if the second sensor is triggered it senses that there are at least 4 cars there and gives a turn arrow. So if you approach an intersection with a single car at the stop line at the red, and you notice a second loop further back, stop 2-3 cars back for a moment, then slowly pull forward before the light turns. You will likely get a left turn arrow.

As a two-wheeled motorist I frequently encounter sensors that won't pick up bikes because they aren't tuned right. Sometimes putting down the sidestand or center stand helps. Usually not. So we treat these like a faulty signal and proceed with caution once the intersection is clear. Most state laws allow this.

Back to Off-topic: RAIN!!! Argh! Someone in California please pray harder for rain. Take it! We're drowning here in the midwest. The grass is super tall yet the yard is still squishy with mud. And we just had another short drenching for good measure. PLEASE STOP RAINING !! No stress, but I wish the Morton's Girl would put away her umbrella for a few weeks.

And happy Sober Friday everyone. This will be a great weekend for just chill out. Here's to a clear head.