View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Copper442

Hello, all

Surrender, yep you and I are sober twins! Thanks also for the prayers. Much much appreciated.

Dharma, I never doubted ya for a second. So glad it went well. You're braver than I am. I typically just tell people I'm not drinking that day. I'm scared of how people will react to the full truth. So, good on you for knocking that out! I have am impending sense that I soon will be telling people I'm done with drinking forever.

rufftime, I am a firm supporter of straight up Tylenol and Benadryl for sleep. Takes away the restlessness, helps me fall asleep, and stay that way.

nmd, I appreciate your take on doing the hard work to stop drinking on one's own. However, if you think about it, no matter how much help/tools one uses, it still ultimately comes down to the individual to put those things to use. No one can make us get and stay sober. There is no shame is using any form of healthy tools/tips/support to bolster our own efforts.

Hi 4! Glad you haven't drank. I'm also glad the Xanax did its job and helped you get through. I say if you don't need refills don't get them. That stuff can suck ya in quick.

Have a great day, guys!