View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Yankee73

I Feel Like A Hypocrite

I had a customer come into work yesterday, completely out of it. She admitted she was on a lot of pain meds. Her behavior was extremely inappropriate (tried to pull down her pants to show me her surgical scars and insisted that I look at the incision on her breast that the doctor made to lance a cyst). She made a mess out of my store (brought in coffee and spilled it, wandered around with merchandise and left it in random places in the shop) and was asking the same questions over and over. She also stunk to high heaven. I finally had to throw her out of the store because it was like dealing with a middle-aged baby. There was no way to rein her in.

Anyway, I noticed that she DROVE to my shop. Her car was parked about 8 feet away from the concrete slab in the parking space. It took her forever to get the key in the ignition and figure out where reverse was- you get the picture of how this scene went.

I called the police to report her. I explained that she admitted to being under the influence of pills. I detailed her behavior. Luckily, she told me she was off to the grocery store next, so I was able to tell the police where she was headed.

I feel like a hypocrite. I could have been reported to the police ridiculous amounts of times for driving drunk. Out of sheer luck, I was never stopped. By miracles, I never hurt or killed anyone while under the influence. I just feel like how dare I rat someone out, even out of concern for public safety, when I was guilty of the same behavior years ago?