Old 07-17-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Well, that was dumb.

I drank Wednesday. It went horribly, I argued with wife and my daughter, and then called in sick on Thursday. Still licking my wounds. Mostly disappointed in myself for knowing better, but not doing better.

Also wondering at what point I became a mean drunk. I don't remember being mean before, but I was spewing some hate this time. I suppose it doesn't matter if I am never getting drunk again, but I found it curious.

Ah me. Glad to be back among the sane. If anyone was wondering what it's like back on the other side - it still sucks. Don't bother finding out for yourself.
Ahhhhh... My good friend. Glad you are back with us. And so quick is a merit to your learnings. I remember times when you did not go down on just a knee but a face plant.

I attend my SMART meeting tonight. There will be people how drank recently. We will talk openly about how they can get back on track. There will be no shame assigned to them. they will restart the sober engine and move forward. With all our support.

That's exactly what we are doing here for you. You will move forward and with the Nons strength you have shown us you have.

You are doing really well moving your life forward.

Your brother in sobriety,

Ken