View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 11:48 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Congrats to Gilmer on 20 months sober today!

Happy B-day to my 2010 Toyota Corolla! It was exactly six years ago today that I bought it brand new. It turned to EXACTLY 68,000 miles this morning as I pulled into the parking lot. After hundreds of times driving my previous cars drunk (not bragging, just stating a fact), this car has only been driven stone cold sober

Have a great Thursday, gang!
Is time different there? A 2010 Corolla that is six years old in 2015? I know math was never my strong point but I fear I need help here!!
Haha what an amazing coincidence that it clocked 68000 on its birthday....or did you loop the block a few times! Lol I have never had a brand new car, all mine were preloved.

Drake I think your Buick has its own personality!

OLL I've never been to AA, but I have had to talk of private issues to a group of people. I feel some anxiety comes from a natural disinclination to trust others and allow vulnerability. It may take time for you to reach that point. It may help to realise that everyone else there feels the same, has the same initial trust issues and fears. To help with small talk, I always imagine the other person is more shy than I am and it gives me a little confidence. ( yes believe it or not this rampant mouth on legs is shy in new company!)

Gilmer congrats on 20 months and I hope yesterday went ok in PA.

FG, winter is back with a vengence isn't it! Long trousers and a cardy today it is ridiculous! Oh I love my adopted country with all my heart, but the summers here are beyond insanity! While 500 miles south it's too hot for my poor mom to play golf! ( talking of which if you want to see a little of my and FGs weather, go watch the Open today!! It's slap bang in the middle of the two of us - give or take a few yards!- )