Old 07-16-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
brynn
...holds the key

Catching up on posts! Y'all have been busy as usual!

Welcome new bus riders!

Well, I took the test and I lived to tell about it!!

My brain hurts and I can't even venture to guess how I did so I'm going to try and leave it alone and not get obsessed with it. I'll get the scores in about 2 weeks....until then I'm just going to enjoy the satisfaction of having gone through with something I've always wanted to do but couldn't make happen while living in an alcoholic fog.

Going to grad school was one of those things I used to talk about at the bar with the other drunks. We would sit there for hours talking about how smart we were and what we were 'going' to do. Of course, none of us ever did anything except sit at the same bar every single day of the week for hours on end making grandiose plans. When I drive by my old bar I see those same cars in the lot and it makes me so grateful that I found a way to quit drinking.

Taking this step toward my goal is sort of a graduation for me in a way. It marks a new phase in my life. A real step toward living my life the way I choose to live it. I'm realizing a dream that I used to just talk about and I feel an enormous sense of satisfaction. And none of this would be happening if I hadn't found this community because I had no idea how to quit drinking before coming here. Y'all are the best!!
Xoxo