Old 07-16-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Behan View Post
Hopping on and rushing to my seat,

Good day one and all, both regular passengers and new.

Just sat through one of our regular monthly staff meetings, the agenda of which, is mostly Guano (this is my new favourite word. I shall use it like American troops used Fubar during WW2). I experience the meeting as mostly Guano as it's the same topics, the same way of speaking about them, and the same agenda's every month. I mostly switch my brain off.

Although my brain was given a wakening jolt when my boss announced his imminent retirement!! I have had some difficulties with him as a boss. He can be forgetful, disorganised, and ever tangential in speech and actions. He is, however, a very kind, understanding, and sometimes wise man. He will be sorely missed. Some of us have understandable anxieties of who will replace him. I have no interest in that role myself, as the higher up you go, the less work you do that you were actually trained for.

When drinking, I would have been hungover in this meeting and would now be disabled by fear and dread of the future, focusing on what possible catastrophe lies ahead or overly suspicious of the intentions of others. I now try to remain zen in a situation over which I have little, if not no control. I just focus on doing the best job I can by looking after my well being and fostering healthy relationships with my colleagues.

In other news, I heard some distinctive creaking noises coming from the roof of my house on several occasions last night. I did not sleep with the light on.

B
Mr. B... reading this I am so filled with joy. You are truly an example of how to get sober and live sober. Congrats my friend!!!

And no one would blame you for leaving the light on. When I first moved to main many years ago I was not used to how dark it got and living out from people. I had the lights on inside and out! LOL