View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Slept in way late and now I'm really starting day 70. I had said yesterday morning that I was going out to eat and then swimming with my family today but that got postponed for reasons out of my control. Nothing bad. Sometimes life just happens.

So I'm going to spend the day not doing much of nothing. Think I'll get some reading done. I do need to go buy some new pedals for my bicycle as my left one is slightly bent, has been since my landlord gave me the bike. Otherwise it's been a great bicycle so no complaints there. I've never replaced a pedal before but looked at some videos online and it seems easy enough.

Definitely going to an AA meeting again tonight.

First off, thanks to everyone for the nice words re: my milestone. I really am proud of this one, means way more to me than the usual milestones of one month, etc. With my hundreds of various day ones, as I outlined in my post on the Newcomers board this morning, it sometimes felt like I was simply not capable of getting to this day. But I did. And there was nothing magical about the approach. It boils down to just not drinking, no matter how much I wanted to at times, asking for help when I need it, and helping others when I can.

Next milestone I've got my eyes on is day 100, which just so happens to fall directly on my 41st birthday. But the most important milestone today is day 71. Same as everyday, it's important I remember to keep the focus on one day at a time.

AllieK -- I like your new Z. Maybe I'll change your name to AllieZ. Glad your daughter is coming home soon. Even in my active addiction, I never understood the appeal of drinking booze at the movies. My attention span lessens considerably when I drink plus once I break the seal I have to pee a couple of times an hour. My best drinking buddy used to make fun of my incredibly small bladder when we drank together.

nmd -- sorry you drank but glad you're right back here. As my long-winded post on the Newcomers board early this morning shows, it took me a whole lot of tries to get to this particular day one. You'll get this, I just know it. Though I do hope you decide to come in here or on the Newcomers board and posting before taking that drink next time. And you're not being a negative influence--the whole point of this forum in general and class in particular is for us to be here on the road to recovery, whatever that road may be.

Copper -- congrats on day 60!!! Proud of you for keeping on despite the obstacles. And cold peanut butter never hurt anybody.

KaleGrrl -- Dr Nut soda was mainly distributed in the Louisiana area though I also saw an old bottle once from that Pennsylvania town that I can't spell or pronounce where the groundhog comes from. The soda was definitely not nationwide. They stopped production in the mid-60s and then another company brought it back to New Orleans for a short time in the 80s after A Confederacy of Dunces was published.

Thanks again to each and every one of you for keeping me sober! Hope you all have a safe and sober Thursday. If you haven't checked in lately, please do so today. We would love to hear from you whether you're on day 77 or 1.