View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 03:36 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
nymets86

Up bright and early and feeling OK. A bit more bummed now about the slip than I was yesterday since yesterday I think the feeling of relief that it wasn't worse overrode it. Now I'm disappointed I'm back on Day 2 and questioning my ability to stay sober forever. Despite not ditching the booze as soon as possible, it still did kind of sneak up on me. It wasn't like I had a craving when I drank. I just sort of got carried away in the moment.

Long day of work today, which is good, since it involves traveling to Harrisburg, PA, which is about a 3-hour drive. I won't be home until late, so just a full day, which I am happy to have right now as I won't have the possibility of idle time. Certainly a contributing factor to my slip was that I had nothing planned for Tuesday evening and so when the happy hour popped up, going didn't seem so bad. Similarly, I knew that I had nothing important at work on Wednesday and so I couldn't talk myself out of it due to that. Tomorrow morning I also have an early meeting, basically to debrief my boss about the sales meetings I have set up in Pennsylania today.

Good morning everyone