View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Cissy View Post
That sucks about the crack on the screen. My plan is for the whole year. It is triple the minutes and has unlimited carry over that never expires. Trouble is that by the time the year ends, I doubt there will be anything left to carry over. It's a 400 minute plan so when tripled, I get 1200 texts, 1200 call minutes and 1200 (1.2gb) of data. I can buy more data separately but that doesn't get tripled.
That's not a bad setup at all as long as you can get the text app working. Gives you a phone for those times when you just have to make/receive a call and texting ability the rest of the time. Though I'm assuming the text app will count against your data limit. That program can't use up that much data though, can it? And I guess you can always use your wifi for data on your phone when you're home, right?

No carryover is my only issue with my plan. Otherwise I've been very pleased with it.

I've never used one of those texting applications but I know there's one that's super popular in Asia but also available worldwide. Can't remember the name now. Didn't Facebook buy it last year for a bazillion dollars or something? (Edit: Just thought of the name: Whatsapp.)

AGAG -- don't know if there's any truth to it but I've always heard cranberries and cranberry juice were good for potential kidney issues. Can't hurt to try it if you're not already.

Anyways, day 69 is winding down here. Played my new video game all afternoon and then went to have a home cooked meal at my dad's. Fried pork chops so definitely not healthy at all. I wasn't really too into eating that but felt like I needed to spend some time with my dad as I hadn't in a couple of weeks, and it was nice of them to invite me over.

Went straight from there to an AMAZING AA meeting. Seriously, there was so much great recovery going on in there tonight. Main topic happened to be one that you all know is a favorite of mine--not taking that first drink and the changes that happen in us when we do.

Lots of folks in their first couple of months like me there, but an equal number of people with very long term sobriety including one fantastic gentleman who has been sober since 1963. I think I've only ever seen one person in an AA meeting with an earlier date and I'm pretty sure he passed away years ago. This man tonight seemed to be in good health. I'm guessing he was 85 years old or so but he might have been 90. He had some great insightful things to say about recovery but also had a few funny lines as well. He said his favorite response when people asked him why he wasn't drinking was, "Drinking makes me see double and feel single." That one cracked up the room.

Going to go kill some more dragons and then try to go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight. If you haven't checked in today, hope you'll do so soon. Talk to you all tomorrow morning bright and early!