View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 04:15 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Behindthelens

Morning folks, day 6 here.

Sleep deprivation is the main issue for me now. Still nodding off around 2 am and waking around 5.30. At some point this will normalise but I could do with it being sooner rather than later.

Went out for a burger with a couple of friends last night and by rights I should be on day one now. It turned out we went for food at a pub that sells strong real ales that are brewed in-house. Next to cider, it doesn't get much better for me. Also it was a more of a group of us than 3. So instead of it being a quick burger it turned into a session of slurred words and staggering. I got a fair bit of pier pressure to drink but nothing too unsporting. Mainly they were just joking about how I'm trying to lose weight so I can fit into my prom dress. I never touched on the alcoholic thing.

I'm still not sure what happened. I ordered a soda water before anyone could order me a pint and that was it. No thinking that I'll just have the one and also no real desire for a drink. This is a first for me in a very very long time. I have to admit that had I known the night would go in the drunken direction it took (for my friends), I wouldn't have gone but I'm really glad I did. Watching them drunk (none have a drink issue that I can see and I'd know) was also very amusing.

I'm pretty sure that what is making the difference this time is that I'm reading this forum. I can't see what else could have kept me from drinking last night. During other attempts, I just did it by myself which didn't hammer home the fact that I cannot even have one.

So, I can go out sober and enjoy it. I just need to learn how to sleep sober and then learn how to live sober.