View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
nymets86

I'm feeling fine tonight. Was thinking of going to the gym to workout and just try to put tomorrow even more behind me, but just going to go easy. The physical hangover wasn't very bad this morning, but I think that's in part because I've been getting so much healthier by not drinking that I recovered faster. I have a big sense of relief that nothing worse happened, but also a sense that it was just dumb luck that it didn't end poorly. I know for me drinking is like playing with fire.

Hopefully the anxiety meds kick in and are effective. It sounds like you are well prepared, so that I think will help as well. I'd also suggest that once you have prepared the appropriate amount, find something else to do like joke around with coworkers or watch something on YouTube (if it's not blocked at your office). I find that going over and over a presentation beforehand just ramps up the anxiety. Obviously no preparation is bad, but for me, over preparing makes me just get more and more anxious and I think that causes me to underperform.