View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Phoebe, what do families generally do for accommodations at places like shelter island? Homes? Condos? Hopefully some financially reasonable options. I'm thinking about coming back here instead of destin for our beach trip next year assuming my son is still living here. Who knows about that. May do some apartment hunting today for him.
Thank you for the candle and prayer, Mark! Truly.

I have actually never been to Shelter Island before. I gather it is largely residential, and we have been give the use of my cousin's home. I think there are more "happening" places to stay, if you want to explore NY beach communities. I will give my review after our trip!

Good luck setting up your son for his move. I hope it all goes well and he realizes his dreams. Or at least gets a job and supports himself well, and has a good life there. You can also travel west through NY and find lots of lakes. There is upstate, and central NY not too far away. The finger lakes are supposed to be beautiful. My in-laws are all out that way, but we never enjoy the surroundings because they are quick holiday visits or weddings, etc... But what little I have seen is lovely.