View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Copper, glad you made the decision to not pick up that drink. It definitely wouldn't have helped the situation. Hang in there and don't be afraid to come in here asking for support when those situations arise. That's what this site is here for. You're in my thoughts and prayers today.

Originally Posted by Dharma33 View Post
Hi Class-

Getting to Season 7 on Dexter. After I wrap that up (if it ever ends lol) going to check out Rectify perhaps? I haven't heard of it either.
Rectify is a very very different show from Dexter. It's very slow-paced and a whole lot about just the atmosphere. While it has a mystery of sorts as the plot device moving things along, it's much more about the journey than it is about the destination.

I watched Dexter when it first started airing but finally gave up on it about halfway through season four or five, whichever season was after the one with the guy from Harry and the Hendersons. I figured out that I absolutely couldn't stand anyone else on that show except for Dexter himself and I was actively hoping he'd kill them all, especially Batista and that other cop he was married to. And Dexter's sister wasn't much better. I quit Dexter cold turkey and never looked back. Wish I'd put that much thought into quitting drinking all those years ago.