View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Copper -- congrats on 8 weeks! How are you doing?

sagittarius -- 7 months cigarette free is awesome. I know that quitting takes a lot of strength, maybe even more so than drinking. So glad it's one bad habit I never picked up.

Cissy -- it was definitely me who talked about Bloodline and might have been me who said something about Rectify before. I remember I made a list of shows at one point in the first month here.

I love love love Mad Men. That might be my favorite television show of all time actually. It's like a great novel to me.

I personally didn't remember Breaking Bad being that gore-y in the first three episodes but it's been a long long time since I've seen them.

Never watched The West Wing but always heard good things. House of Cards didn't float my boat for some reason. I gave up on it pretty quickly. I have a lot of friends who love it though.

If you don't like gore, Deadwood might not have been your thing anyways. It could be pretty brutal at times. If nothing else, the language was definitely harsh but beautiful. One of the lead characters, Al Swearengen, might be the most inventive user of every variety of curse word in the history of television, if not the world. He was especially skilled in the use of the word c-sucker, to put it nicely. I didn't know it could have so many different variations and uses. It was an HBO show and Netflix tends to not get those. Our local library has a great DVD selection--maybe yours does too. Or maybe see how much Netflix charges to send actual DVDs these days?