View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
amp123

Thanks Swim! Good to see everyone still sober and battling towards the 90 days. I'm sure on 90 days a magic wand won't be waved making all of our troubles disappear but for me it was my original objective in which I was going to reevaluate my decision.

I now feel confident about carrying on to my second objective of 6 months even though I still have a week to go till I notch up 90.

When I think back to how I was feeling about my life and my relationships 3 months ago I can't imagine a situation in which I would intellectually decide to go back to drinking, so the only thing that can make me return to my old ways are the traces of my addiction. It's an ongoing battle but becoming easier with time. I guess that's why it's called recovery.

Nice to see other people strengthening their resolve with longer term targets. It sometimes feels wrong to have long-term goals if, like me, you adhere to a one-day-at-a-time philosophy but I find it is also important to have a broader objective outside the daily challenges.

Well, enough reflection for now! Hope you all enjoy a good sober day!!!