View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Saskia

Yep, Toots, I am finally all better! I'm really feeling much more settled and happy. I've never felt so relaxed on a day-to-day basis in my life. Time flies as I'm very busy and that's a good thing. I'm finding it easy to adjust things so that I have free time when I want it and activities when that suits. Sassy-kitty is more relaxed than I've ever seen her - my little empath!

As I'm approaching a year sober (in August, I'm gaining some new insights into my past drinking habits, behaviors and thinking. Although I thought I had accepted that I couldn't drink, i finally realized that I hadn't fully accepted that reality. During my earlier many relapses, the AV kept whispering without my being aware of it. When I wondered if I could ever stay sober and occasionally wondered if I really wanted to, that was the AV trying to undermine me. Now that I'm feeling solid, I am also aware that this is no longer difficult. The meds help but they aren't the answer alone. The main thing they did was to quiet down the AV and that was the final nudge I needed.

Many things have helped me in this journey and I fully believe that you all made the difference