View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 01:37 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Duff sounds like you had great fun on your trip, I'm sure you are back home refreshed!

Mesoso, my courageous friend, well done on attending that meeting! I'm sure some f2f help will give you added incentive to get yourself together. I know it's tough at your young age to consider a life without booze. But if you were diabetic you would have to consider a life without certain foods. So you were born with this 'allergy to alcohol' or a dis functional gene or whatever, the fact is love, you know that you are incapable of having a healthy relationship with alcohol, so as in any disfunctional relationship, you will live a happier life without it. I feel you need to choose to live without alcohol, rather than consider yourself short changed. I know that you have plenty of sober hobbies that fulfil you, and if you increase your social circle with more sober friends, you will begin to realise alcohol is not the be all and end all of any part of your world.
As for me, I am still in Bonnie Scotland. Looks like we won't be returning to the States as the new job hubby has been offered has just too much going for it for him to refuse. Of course we are both disappointed not to be returning, but my priority ( as he spends so much of his waking life working) is that this new job will give him a better working environment. I have been encouraging him to accept, even as a part of me, the selfish part, was screaming ' nooooo!!! I want to go back to the states!!! I know that this is the right thing to do and we won't have regrets.

Gilmer I hope you are doing okay, I imagine there is a lot to organise, but you have a strong loving family to support you through this. I hope you are letting people help you with the details.

DD, hubby travels a lot, not usually flying, thou he expects to do a little more of that in the new job, and exotic as it sounds staying in different places and living in hotels, it's not at all. He never gets to enjoy the places he stays and living out of a suitcase is a chore. I hope your bosses listen to you and reduce your hours away.

Sass how is your summer going? Are you all better now?

1day, I have such a happy vision of S & B it would be wonderful if you could post a picture!

Are you at the market this morning Marcher?

Budd, how is your Buddmobile now? Everything fully functional and in its place??

Trachy

Happy SunMonday Marchers xx