View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Mark1014

Reflecting does provide a sometimes needed reality check for me. Looking back at the progression of my drinking habits is a key difference that I notice when I compare myself to my brother. As Arbor posted a couple of weeks or so ago, it does seem that some people seem to get away with it when it comes to drinking a lot. I see my brother that way. He drinks a good bit, but I've never noticed a change/progression of what he does. I was clearly on a downward spiral. I absolutely believe that I was getting close to letting it affect my work and if it had I would have lost years and years of career progress.

I try not to linger too long with my mind in that place or it becomes counterproductive for me. Today I am feeling a bit like a bewildered kid full of wonder and excitement....the good stuff. This city is something else! Everyone is napping but me. The view out the bedroom window is the Empire State Building.....looking forward to seeing that tonight. Now I've just got to figure out the logistics of getting around this place....I'm getting hungry! Doing this trip drinking would not have been good at all. My gang needs me to be in the moment and on my game here. So far so good.

Hope it's been a nice weekend for the everyone.

Last edited by Mark1014; 07-11-2015 at 08:24 PM.