Old 07-11-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
MesaMan

The Shanghai Daily Newspaper w/Typhoon News. Been there on Biz. Very energizing, and constantly changing.

- Shanghai Daily.com -

In News that doesn't blow Typhoon-style, I pulled off a fairly-painless purchase yesterday of Da Wife's new uber-hotschitte Ford 'Escape'. 'Titanium' Model. Seriously loaded. Pearlescent White w/Beige-y Leather Interior. Nav System. Total Voice Command System [Audio/Climate/Mapping]. Touch the Door Handle with the Key Fob on you, and it unlocks/locks. Nutso Feature levels. SO, we got a 100k Mile Extended Warranty at what I knew to be Dealer cost. This Baby has Twin Turbos which, along with all the High Tech Guano, will make for potentially pricey Repair Bills years from now. Sony Sound System w/Subwoofer, and an SD Card Reader for mega-Tune Storage. Video Input Jacks. This was a pretty rare Model - loaded but with light Interior Leather - so I jumped on it. It had transferred in from another CO Dealer. Most Interiors are Black. Sux out West in rippin' Sun.

Thanks, Sao, for the end-of-month Car Sales tip given prior. Great Canal Pic, too. I'd read of that Salesman 'motivator', but we're outta here in a Week. I wanted to do a Big City Deal. The *Farmer Demographic* Dealers out West don't deal. So far as I can tell, they take your Calls on Black Rotary Phones, too.-) Very Fred Flintstone-like...

Started the Middle Eastern-style Haggling at $600- under Dealer Invoice - which I asked to see - and also eliminated their trick of charging twice on Delivery Charges. Quite painless, really. Surprisingly so. I was on File from last Summer for a Truck inquiry [see it below], and called ahead yesterday to pre-qualify myself as an Internet Buyer. This skips a huge amount of BS on the Lot when they categorize you as some walk-in Gomer who believes MRSP Sticker Price. Hey, looky at the Calendar! I was born yesterday! We bought some $5k under that MSRP Price on a pretty thin Margin. This call ahead also let them know I bought my Truck elsewhere, and would walk on any half-azzed Deal they tried to foist on us. People vote with their Feet.

Sold her Passat for Cash late yesterday to our Passat-lovin' House Realtor. He used to do Car Auctions. Well connected. He'll Wholesale it after Detailing, and make himself some Profit. No muss. No fuss.

Happy Wife = Happy Life.

The Geezer Gears in my Brain were churnin' hard yesterday while Dealing. I just can't imagine pulling this off while Hammered. Case-in-point: the Dealer informed me that my 10 Year span Driver's License expired ~2 months ago. Details...

My Wife has had a large Primate stare directly into her Eyes. Then, I roll over and go to sleep while Snoring.

- 'I'm Bad - I'm Nationwide' ~ ZZ Top -

- Ford 'Escape' Website -