Old 07-10-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Tetra

Well this is new.

I had the day off today so I went into town for coffee and to run some errands. My parents also had business in town so we had lunch together and then we headed out the country to their place. On the way we stopped for groceries and met my aunt by chance. (She is married to my mother's brother). We hadn't seen her for a while and she said she was sorry to hear that my sister and her husband have broken up. I had moved away a bit to look at something but my mother told her it's all very hard with the court case coming up and everything but having me home for the weekend helps a bit as I liven up the house. My aunt said "ah yeah, she's a lovely girl". My mum said "yeah, we're very lucky to have her!"

I was very surprised. I'm sitting here with herbal tea and reflecting back on the bad old days when we would be screaming at each other and my mother said "you are only an alcoholic who doesn't deserve an opinion".

How times have changed.

I've been told I've changed.

It's very hard to be a good person when you hate yourself as much as I did.

But as my therapist pointed out, "you are not an alcoholic. You are a recovering alcoholic".