View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
hi Meraviglioso, wow, what a great system....doctor, physical therapy, highly qualified trainer. don't know that i've seen that in the US. Sounds like a brilliant idea.

As far as rewarding myself, got my eye on a road bicycle. I've got some guys who do a lot of biking who will let me know what i should purchase. I will put my trust in them as I know nothing. Low impact on my knees, but will allow me to try to get into cardiovascular condition at my own pace.
It is a great set up for the clients. But you don't have to find everyone in the same center to set something like that up for yourself. When you feel ready why don't you find yourself a good personal trainer. Someone who got a 4 year degree in sports medicine or physical education. Someone know knows how the body works and how it repairs itself. There are a lot of personal trainers out there, some very good at motivating their clients and even setting up workouts, but very few great ones. If you are recovering from an injury it is critical you find a great one.

That sounds awesome about the bike. Swimming is also low impact, do you like to swim?