Old 07-10-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Welp, I'm in what a Pal calls 'Violent Agreement' with this observation:

'Slept great.....Woke up in the same position I fell asleep in! Love when that happens!'

So did I. My position? Horizontal! This is a good thang. Hee hee... Slept like the proverbial Rock.

Doing a quick Look-See on line at Aftermarket Car Extended Warranties. Da Wife is keen on bagging a new Ford Escape today. I'm doing some quick Due Diligence to see what's out there to buy later. Ford will try to wrench her Arm up behind her Back, and have her get their Warranty. It's OK, but it's just another Ford Profit Center, IME. I print out Dealer Invoice Costs from MSN Auto, and rachet the SUV Price down toward that after a few hours of perfunctory BS. A lil Book from a former Salesman I read Eons ago provided the insight to work them like a Fish. Make them invest a few hours in ya, and they're less likely to abandon the Deal. Take in only a copy of the Title, and Key. This prevents Power Plays in which you can't get either one back after their Test Drive of the Passat Trade-In. Eat a Meal before you go Dealing. Ad nauseum...

Got about all the niggling House Repairs done 'round here, since Closing is 1 week from today at this early hour. We Close, and head West to the Retirement House to live Happily Ever After. Slammed in a GFI Safety AC Outlet near the Kitchen Sink after some painful Reverse Engineering on the 1987 Tract House Wiring goin' on here. Unknown to me - and defying Code - there was a separate 'Hot' Switch adjacent that controls the Garbage Disposal. Sparks flew when my Screwdriver hit that. You couldn't tell which Circuit Breaker had tripped. On and on...

Repaired a Porch Step Concrete Crack. Sealed up with Expanded Foam some gaps where the Swamp Cooler Venting enters the House Sidewall. This Foam schitte got on my Hands, and is like a mix of Snot and Super Glue. Can't get it off my Fingers to save me...

Today is my 1.5 Year Sobriety Date... To quote the Grateful Dead: 'What a long, strange Trip it's been'... Sho appreciate everyone here; my primary Support Network. Re: Drinking -> 'Stick a Fork in my Azz. I'm done'. ~ A Former Female Boss

To go SUV Shopping on this warm day is a Marital Act best reflected in the name of this Song...

- 'It's Only Love' ~ Bryan Adams & Anna Mae Bullock -