View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Gilmer

You are not going to believe this, but MY DAD DIED IN THE NIGHT!

What a shock! But it's hard to be too sad, because he had a fantastic day yesterday. The male caretaker came over at 3pm and took him out for a long walk up the highway to Starbucks, and they enjoyed a cup of coffee. When they left, it started pouring rain, so they ducked into KFC for awhile.

When they got home, my dad was lucid and told me all about what a great time they had. He had dinner and they watched baseball on TV till about 9, when he went to bed.

At midnight my husband bought the caretaker a pizza, and he said my dad was snoring away. He looked to be sleeping soundly at 8 when I went in. The caretaker asked when he should wake him up, and I said 9:30.

When he went in at 9:30, he told us there was no pulse. We tried to feel his pulse, and noticed that his arms were cold and stiff! We were dumbfounded!

So we called 911. The police came over and checked his body thoroughly and concluded there was no foul play and no need for an autopsy.

The funeral home will be here in an hour to take his body. I have to go over there at 1:30 with some info and his suit for burial.

Now I have to alert his ladyfriend and my cousins that he has died. We will have the funeral Mass down here in VA; then the funeral home will transport him to his burial plot in PA and we will have a small graveside service there for the relatives.

Thank you guys again for your support! This timing is pretty unbelievable! It doesn't seem real!