View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
ccam1973

PNM, you know you can do this. There is a lot of good advise here. Take some time and really think about what you want. If you really want to remove drinking from your life, you have the power to do just that. It takes effort and will power, but it is within your grasp to accomplish.

I think just about everyone here with some time under their belts would say... "if I can do this then anyone can". I'm one of them and it is so true. Anyone can do this with determination.

You are a very strong individual. You can do this for yourself, you will benefit from all of the effort you put in, you will get your life back to where you want it to be.

Mecanix had a very good post. You might think you are doing ok, but there is something in you that keeps bringing you back here. Wanting to be sober.

I had forgotten how much fun life could be sober. I hadn't had that feeling in over 21 years. Now that I have a year under my belt, I know everything that I was missing. I wasted 21 years, for the most part, they are erased from my memory as if they didn't happen. The only memories I have are from pictures that I was lucky enough to take throughout that time.

My point is, you won't know what you are missing out on until you give this a good try. It is tough and will be a change to your life, but it is so worth the effort you will put in.

Give this a good shot, lean on SR as much as you need and just don't drink. You deserve this for you.