View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

IP well done on not hanging on to a lopsided relationship. Yes it hurts, mostly because it's easy to see where, if the other person was willing to put more effort in it could have really worked, but obviously that person has gotten away in the past being a passive participant in relationships. Hopefully you gave him a wake up call and if not at least you are no longer left doing all the emotional work.
As for the 'who would know?" thoughts I totally echo Mags. I deceived myself and others for too long, lost my self respect, couldn't look myself in the eye. I would know and I have every intention of being able to meet my eyes in a mirror for the rest of my life! ( not that I check out mirrors too often...I've enough grey hairs as it is!!

Hope you're feeling better Andy.

Zip hos the foot?

Fbl I hear you on the clutter. Every time I put away. Birthday, Christmas anniversary cards I think... " we are never going to look through this lot again, why leave it just so the kids have to chuck it all out when we pop our clogs?" Problem is we have a lot of storage space in this house, until I need the room...... Yeesh! I am really glad your mom is happy where she is now.

Mags I had an awful drinking dream last night! Dreamed a woman had collapsed in the toilet at my work drunk, I had been upstairs in the staff room drinking and had to attend to her as she wouldn't let anyone else near her. Told her I was an alkie in recovery but had lapsed since Christmas, told her about SR, called an ambulance but ended up giving her a piggy back to the hospital ( as you do) and went into the treatment room with her ( had to wear a shower cap!) and decided I had had my last drink was coming back here at day one. Seriously, where does my head come up with this stuff?

FG hope the therapy went well. Yes it is emotionally draining, but good to work through and make personal progress.

Gilmer